Major Announcement: Gigalicous to Gigarank

Status
Not open for further replies.

belltown

DJB said:
This is an announcement to inform all our members and visitors that from the 1st Feb 2014 we will no longer be called Gigalicous.

We are changing our name to Gigaweb, the main website (this one) will be moving to a new domain www.gigaweb.org

if you land on the gigalicous.com domain from 1st Feb you will automatically be redirected to our new domain: gigaweb.org

We feel renaming to Gigaweb.org is the right course of action to remedy the above.

What happened to gigaweb.org?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
belltown said:
DJB said:
This is an announcement to inform all our members and visitors that from the 1st Feb 2014 we will no longer be called Gigalicous.

We are changing our name to Gigaweb, the main website (this one) will be moving to a new domain www.gigaweb.org

if you land on the gigalicous.com domain from 1st Feb you will automatically be redirected to our new domain: gigaweb.org

We feel renaming to Gigaweb.org is the right course of action to remedy the above.

What happened to gigaweb.org?

We decided on Gigarank instead. We still own the gigaweb.org domain!

Sander k said:
I can no longer login at gigalicous on my computer.

We`ve 301 redirected the website to gigarocket.net

windycitygamers

DJB said:

We are changing our name to GigaRank, the main website (this one) will be moving to a new domain www.gigarocket.net

What will this mean for you?

No websites we host will be affected during the switch, you can continue using our free hosting service as usual.

Our premium members will not be affected.

Do I need to do anything?

No, continue as usual, if you land on the gigalicous.com domain from 1st Feb you will automatically be redirected to our new domain: gigarocket.net

Remember nothing is changing, we are simply renaming our website.

Why are we changing name?

We have noticed upto 40% of our returning visitors are having trouble finding us again due to simple typos and remembering Gigalicous, we are also frequently mistaken for Gigalicious.

Our Google Analytic`s data also confirm this, with many variants of Gigalicous being entered into Google search.

We feel renaming to Gigarank.net is the right course of action to remedy the above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you for reading and your continued support.
I have heard good news about your hosting. I Hope to have a site hosted by gigarank very soon

Snowflake

I thought this thread was closed. How come someone just left a message? :)

Oh, I get it now. That's why you guys don't have that many facebook likes, because you had to start over [on there]? :) :)

Genesis

Administrator
Staff member
tangledmemories said:
I thought this thread was closed. How come someone just left a message? :)
Good point TM. Think the announcement is already quite historic, so will close it for now.

- closed -

Status
Not open for further replies.