Software to Monitor Internet Usage at Home Computer

xdude

I posted this in another forum but didn't get much response so I thought to try my luck here. I didn't use the word Bandwidth because sometime people misunderstand the whole thing and start talking about hosting, servers and Linux. What I'm looking for is none of that.

I have Windows 7 Desktop computer at home. This directly connected to a broadband router. Computer is connected to router through network cable and only other device use same connection is my phone through Wi-Fi. Now I want to find incoming and out going data specially for site wise if possible. I want to see which sites take most of the bandwidth and also if anything else leaking it.

A free software or a trial version which I can run about a month.

01. Solarwinds Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor
02. PRTG
03. Networx
04. Bitmeter II
05. ManageEngine OpUtils
06. Spiceworks

Anyone has experience with these tools ? or know a better tool for the job ?

xdude

A member from another forum recommend me this software called NetBalancer. Right now I'm testing that. I don't think it let me bandwidth usage per site but it shows usage per process So Firefox and Chrome take most it. It shows me hourly Bandwidth usage and alive. So Im testing site by site. I noticed Facebook takes about 100MB per 30 minutes. Thats without me doing anything on it. Just having it opened on Chrome. Also there is a Browser game I play takes bandwidth.

jw7103

I don't know if this software is something that would help you with what you are looking for but have you tried Glasswire. It is free and has paid for options. I have it on my PC and it gives you a list of apps that talk to servers and how much bandwidth they use. It does also pick up other devices that are connected to your network as it has picked up my printer and one of my games consoles.

xt449

Glass Wire has a decent free trial as well. I'm going to be trying out these other ones that you have listen now though. Thanks!

vhgroup

mn8i1VjGLAxu5huEz5zLDgxcBYK8CPzTIHzRslYpBBZcfRvsbriOU8mHa2AaHlep_x2nPJeokinx3uSL9qt1-esBCr0l0-myaRxUTJtpPg

One more thing, it's Shareware!

niltekp

xdude said:
I posted this in another forum but didn't get much response so I thought to try my luck here. I didn't use the word Bandwidth because sometime people misunderstand the whole thing and start talking about hosting, servers and Linux. What I'm looking for is none of that.

I have Windows 7 Desktop computer at home. This directly connected to a broadband router. Computer is connected to router through network cable and only other device use same connection is my phone through Wi-Fi. Now I want to find incoming and out going data specially for site wise if possible. I want to see which sites take most of the bandwidth and also if anything else leaking it.

A free software or a trial version which I can run about a month.

01. Solarwinds Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor
02. PRTG
03. Networx
04. Bitmeter II
05. ManageEngine OpUtils
06. Spiceworks

Anyone has experience with these tools ? or know a better tool for the job ?

i think for home computer no need of software for bandwidth monitor. because System has all ready builtin software. Second thing is that if you are using Wi-Fi Router, It has firewall as well as bandwith monitoring and control system. For home computer, some restriction should be taken if computer is using children. This facility is also built in Wi-Fi Router. I this no need of third party software for home computer. All the above software used for large natwork.

hohoho236

Is the Resource Monitor in Window enough for you?

It indicates :

-Network Activity with Send and Receive (B/sec)
-All the TCP connections
-Listening Ports

dels

You could consider changing your router and using router features to limit traffic to devices based on network or device attributes.
PFSense allows you to limit to certain IP addresses, which you can assign to devices through DHCP reservations.