How did you Learn to Program and Code?

E

electrocute

i just complete some tutorials on youtube, and attend some lectures on free udey course, and learn a lot from examples from web tutorials, when i stuck at every step i use stackoverflow and it solve my problem 8 out of 10 times

Takafumi

SimonRi said:
My father is a programmer and learned me to program. Then I took some courses and now I am also a programmer!

Oh it's so jealous.
Does your father is still great programmer than you?

Takafumi

I learned alomost of IT(Internet, Program, OS,,,etc) at "Qiita" that Japanese Knowledge sharing website.
There are tons of How to ~, If you are able to read Japanese, just google it.

Takafumi

electrocute said:
i just complete some tutorials on youtube, and attend some lectures on free udey course, and learn a lot from examples from web tutorials, when i stuck at every step i use stackoverflow and it solve my problem 8 out of 10 times

We are in common, youtube is nice resource to learn how to somethings.
I created my 1st discord BOT by watching a tutorial movie on youtube.

davidvpn

I watched this one indian guy on youtube for C# tutorials. He had like 200 videos and he explained everything. kudvenkat

Also, just creating projects and making programs yourself until you understand everything

SeductiveWalrus

I have been self teaching myself different concepts and languages of coding since the 5th grade. I actually started with a youtube tutorial on some weird visual scripting language because I wanted to make windows pop-ups to trick my friend into thinking he had a virus. I was 11 years old at the time so these were the types of things I found funny. I then noticed how much I enjoyed learning about computers in general and kept on watching youtube tutorials like that. I then decided I wanted a website to impress my friends and moved on to HTML/CSS. Then I decided I wanted my own Minecraft server, so I learned Java and started making in-house plugins for my servers. I also touched Lua for a bit and played with JavaScript, but it was a while before I took JS seriously. After a while of practicing the same skills, I wanted to learn something that could actually be used. So last summer I started learning JavaScript on Codecademy. I practiced it by making Discord bots but eventually decided I didn't like any of the node modules for doing so. Then I moved on to front-end JavaScript in web development. I made my first game and then moved back to back-end. I began rewriting my game to process back-end but unfortunately never finished. I still have it sitting on GitHub, actually. I am still teaching myself computer science just by playing around with things and googling around when they don't work. It's been going good so far.

pancardo

Hi,

I started programming when I was in high school. Since then, I loved the programming. My first programming language was BASIC for ATARI / Commodore 64.

The best allies at that time were the books and trying with a computer everything I read.

This is how I learned. What a good times...

Best regards

x3phobia

Banned
H

hanzou

Although I have learned VB, PHP, SQL etc. by self taught
Once you learn one, other languages will be able to read the flow to the source.

Dragonix12

I started off with messing around with Java trying to make Minecraft mods when I was only 12. Then, I moved on to learning Python on code.org as a part of a school project. Then, I got into the website business with HTML and CSS and used Khan academy for parts of it. I feel like W3Schools is a little disorganized and you can only use it to refer to specific bits of code you forgot how to do. I have started learning Java on an amazing online course on Udacity and it is designed by a college.

amontes

When I was at middle school at computer science class, I used to open "source code" from very basic html web pages being displayed on that epoch. I was not able to understand a thing but I knew there was something within it. After just looking the code for many subsequent days, I was able to create my very first web page. It had barely 4 or 5 tags. That same year, a guy from another classroom was using Flash 4 so I was intrigued. I started animating in FLash 5 and then programming ActionScript within Flash 5. Nowdays I use Perl.

milanmisic

I started with thenewboston and ej media on youtube ...and I still think they are the best ..also Traversy media is awesome

buzzawak

I first learn basic on a Commodore VIC-20. At the back of computer magazines were pages of code which you would copy and run and then modify to see how it worked. I remember being so excited when I got a cassette player to hook up which could be used to save the code.

rjosten11

I have first learned to code in school and have been fascinated ever since.
Learning to code is easy once you understand how the program goes in the means of reading a whole program of code and understanding the code line by line. I was stumped almost all of the time when I first started to code but I learned fast by mostly google search then going to stackoverflow lol. I would recommend going to youtube for tutorials, I believe there are lots of resources for everyone to learn to understand almost any kind of programming languages.

Bawse

I taught myself programming by searching up tutorials at first, and I've also went to college for web design & animation but I didn't complete the course.