Who watches Game of Thrones?

gillanfrances

Anyone here who have watched (any of) the past three seasons of GoT? Or have read the books?
I've only finished the first book and have completed the 3 seasons.

Which house do you like most?

Sander k

I do on HBO, I also have all the books. I love it! I love the Starks, there not many of them left tho.

The dragon prinses is kind of hot, maybe she will win the battle over the kingdoms.

PeaceSigns

I've watched all the seasons, don't have the time to read the books (although I want to at some point)

I actually don't like the Starks - except for the little girl (Arya). I think my favorite character is the Dragon princess (Khaleesi) since she now has an army and dragons and has a more interesting plot than everyone else, which tends to be a bit more dry.

gillanfrances

Sander k said:
I do on HBO, I also have all the books. I love it! I love the Starks, there not many of them left tho.

The dragon prinses is kind of hot, maybe she will win the battle over the kingdoms.
Yeah, Martin almost killed all of them :/
She is, and brave also which is why I want her to become queen of The Realm.

PeaceSigns said:
I've watched all the seasons, don't have the time to read the books (although I want to at some point)

I actually don't like the Starks - except for the little girl (Arya). I think my favorite character is the Dragon princess (Khaleesi) since she now has an army and dragons and has a more interesting plot than everyone else, which tends to be a bit more dry.
The books are amazing even though, admittedly, they are very long :(
Why not? :)) I think they're my second favorite house right after House Lannister.
I'm also rooting for Daenerys to win over the Iron Throne.

robee29

I do love this show and the characters' progression specifically Tyrion, Jamie, Arya, John and Khaleesi :D

My wife really enjoys the books and we have the first 2 seasons on DVD, I was drawn into it when she told me there were ice Zombies in the program, still waiting for those to come into play, despite being let down with the no show in any real fashion of the ice zombies I still find the show quite interesting, great concept, I'm hoping it will pick up pace in season 3.

gillanfrances

robee29 said:
I do love this show and the characters' progression specifically Tyrion, Jamie, Arya, John and Khaleesi :D
Yes, Jamie! I love his character development. Tyrion is simply my fav character in the Realm.

Briar Spirit said:
My wife really enjoys the books and we have the first 2 seasons on DVD, I was drawn into it when she told me there were ice Zombies in the program, still waiting for those to come into play, despite being let down with the no show in any real fashion of the ice zombies I still find the show quite interesting, great concept, I'm hoping it will pick up pace in season 3.
That's great! Sadly, I've only read the first two books so far. There are so many subplots, which keeps the show interesting. Same, here's to high hopes of good scenes in the next season :drinks:

LiveWire

I've just started to watch the GoT. I like Tyrian Lannister's wit and intellect. His acting and flow of speech is great!

LiveWire

Waiting for season 5 now. The Game of Thrones was really an epic. Best TV Series I've watched ever. The way Martin kills the main characters is so much thrilling that keeps suspense in the story.

weilrich

I've read the books and am awaiting season 3 to come out on Netflix - I don't watch TV. Even though the director for the show is excellent, he cannot possibly reproduce the depth of background and internal dialogues present in the novels (simply because it would take too much time). The world portrayed by author George. R. R. Martin is extraordinarily complex, dark, and revolting with little to redeem it except the struggles of the characters who are enmeshed in the saga. Slavery is rampant, women are treated worse than animals, the commoners (non-nobility) are downtrodden, poverty-stricken, and have little hope of accomplishing anything meaningful with their lives. The nobility are, for the most part, power mad, money grubbing, amoral, creeps.

Even though the Cleganes (whose emblem is a dog) brothers are really horrid people, I find myself liking Sandor Clegane because of the choices he makes. He is restricted, as is everyone in his society, as to what he can do, but he manages to turn his bizarre and pitiful life into a poignant example of how perseverance and character can defy circumstances that would overcome a person with less fortitude and stamina, even when such defiance exacts enormous physical and emotional prices.

medicinatic

One of the biggest shows of all times.

The money invested, the details and the scripts are simply one of the best I ever seen on a tv show. This is what makes HBO one of the best networks around the world; they are just amazing and I am looking forward for the next season. It looks from previews that it is going to get even better.

What we'll be missing fro the next season is Bran and Hodor, it seems that they won't appear on the season 5 :( , but other characters will be much better from previews.

bogner17

I haven't started to watch Game of Thrones yet but my parents and little brother follow it. Its being filmed about 2 minutes down the road from my house they have a big castle set built up and you can sometimes see men dressed in armor on horses. I might go down a walk and get some photographs and post them up for everyone.

imama

The show is awsome and my fav character is arya stark . I haven't read the books because I want to watch the thing out

Snowflake

A few of my friends watch this show. I've never watched it because it seems all very weird and confusing. Maybe someday when I have some free time I will watch a few episodes!

okapyh

I've watched all four seasons so far but I haven't read the books. I would like to read the books someday after the show is over but for now I am afraid of souring my view of either the books or the show by introducing a second perspective into the series.

For those who have watched the show and are planning to watch the upcoming 5th season:
Are you planning to watch each episode as it is released or have you considered and/or decided on waiting until the entire season is over?
I am considering waiting for the entire season to end before watching so that I can enjoy it without interruption. But I am afraid that certain episodes could be spoiled for me on sites and chats that I visit regularly, also the temptation may be too much to wait!